Pride and Pedigree is located in downtown Oakland, California. Our facility has over 7000 square feet of seismically retrofitted, heated space for your dog’s comfort. The facilities are staffed 24 hours a day, and we are a “green” business. We use 100% environmentally conscious cleaning products and supplies and take part in a recycling program.
Daycare and Boarding guests are on the same schedule, and are socializing with one another throughout the day. Naptime for all dogs is from 12-2 pm, with younger dogs taking additional breaks as needed. Your dog’s day is customized to its own individual needs.
All dogs are offered:
- filtered water
- human-grade treats
- flower essences (we will provide a menu of essences )
Our playgroups are small, with intensive staff guidance to ensure appropriate interactions. This allows us to give each dog more attention and really know each dog as an individual. Manners and basic obedience are at the core of our day to day operations.
Our play areas are divided according to dog sizes, age and play styles and feature high quality, insulated rubber flooring to further aid in providing comfort and safety for your dog.
In an effort to keep the dogs calm and stress-free, we require the following:
- All dogs must pass a behavior assessment before attending daycare or staying for boarding. In addition, new dogs needing boarding must attend daycare for two days to ensure he or she is comfortable and adjusted to our environment prior to your departure. To schedule Behavior Interview, please contact us.
- All dogs must be friendly and social and willing to interact with staff and other dogs during the behavior assessment. No Exceptions.
- All dogs must be crate trained (quiet, comfortable, and able to easily settle for a minimum of 2 hours). We use crates for nap-time and overnights as most dogs are accustomed to sleeping in them rather than in a “kennel run”.
- Dog who are attending their first day of daycare must arrive after 8:30 am so they can begin acclimating before the morning gets busy.
- For the safety of all dogs in attendance, we cannot accommodate dogs with a history of climbing or jumping fences.
- Dogs 8 months and older must be spayed or neutered
Sirius Dog training provides training and puppy classes at Pride and Pedigree in the evenings. Please refer to their website at www.siriuspup.com for the current class schedule.
For those “party animals”, Pride and Pedigree is available for “pup parties”, as well as seminars and events. Please contact us for further details and pricing.